Judge Hoffman and his wife Sara have lived in Highland Park since 1988. Their sons Jake and Joshua attended Highland Park schools.
Sara is a past Co-chairperson of the Highland Park Environmental Commission, and a past member of the Highland Park Committee to Promote Recycling. She has been a teacher and camp director for Heller Nature Center.
Judge Hoffman’s parents Dick and Joanne live in Highland Park, as does Judge Hoffman’s brother Matt, and his wife Ellyn. Their children Rebecca and Danny also attended Highland Park schools. Judge Hoffman’s brother Marc lives in Chicago with his partner Mike Silverman.
- Former Member, Board of Trustees, Congregation B’nai Torah in Highland Park.
- Recipient, with Sara Hoffman, of the Star of David Award, presented by Israel Bonds, 2009.
- Volunteer, PADS “Feed the Homeless “ Program, through Congregation B’nai Torah.
- Maot Chitim Volunteer
- Former Member, Board of Directors-Highland Park American Youth Soccer Organization (11 years as a head coach).
- Former Board Member, Child Care Coalition of Lake County.
- Judge-Lake County High School Mock Trial Invitational.
- Judge-Northwestern University College Mock Trial Tournament.
- Former Secretary, Lake County Bar Association.
- Writer, Lake County Bar Association Gridiron Show.